[ABE.pm] printing to a variable

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Mon May 22 21:54:42 PDT 2006

On 22/05/06 23:41 -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> > The Template.pm I'm not quite sold on.  IT works great, but all I'm
> > doing is moving my for loops and printf from inside the object to a
> > template file outside of the object.  Not sure I'm getting any benefit
> > from it so far...
>
> I do enough complicated stuff that "requires" something like Template-Toolkit
> that I don't mind using it all the time for things that don't need it.
> There's Text::Reform, though, for light use.  Also, Text::Template has been a
> long time favorite for.. um... a long time.

I'm missing something here.  What's the diff between TT
(Template-Toolkit, right?) and Template.pm (Text::Template)? Their docs
both start out the same (with a form letter wanting to break $someone =
'Bill Gates' legs) so I figured they were one in the same.

Do they handle loops differently?  That's where most of my work is for
this report.

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.