[ABE.pm] Automatic generation of database tables

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Fri Mar 10 09:22:26 PST 2006

* Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> [2006-03-10T12:07:35]
> On Friday 10 March 2006 11:50 am, Ted Fiedler wrote:
> > Its been a while, but Ive used
> > http://search.cpan.org/~ezdb/Data-Table-1.43/Table.pm in the past for
> > things like this.
>
> That will easily(?) read the file into a table object, but I don't see how to
> generate an SQL table from it.  Am I missing something or do I do that?

There's http://search.cpan.org/dist/Rosetta-Utility-SQLBuilder/

It's sort of complicated, but can do anything to build any kind of SQL for any
server, basically.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/SQL-Builder is similar.

Both are probably more than you need.  They're complicated because they're all
things to all people.  We use something here that can transform a YAML file
into a MySQL CREATE TABLE.  I'll see if I can release it to you.