[ABE.pm] and the winner is...

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Wed Jun 7 21:10:04 PDT 2006

And the winners of this month's Perl Monger's meeting are... Faber, Ted, and
Ricardo, who showed up.

I guess Faber was too worried about the possibility that we'd just talk smack
about him, because he showed up before anyone else.  He would've been safe,
since the only two prospective attendees who knew him couldn't make it.  John
was "recovering from surgery" and Tom was "stick at the car dealership."
Honestly, what happened to good excuses like, "abducted by aliens" or "it's not
Perl, it's me; there's no spark"?

I must have been really hungry, because I put away most of an order of wings, a
burger, some fries, and a few pints.  I gave some consideration to getting some
ice cream, too.  Maybe I was inspired by talk of losing weight.

We also talked about how annoying commercial unix clones are, and I learned
about... what is it called?  SMIT?  Bleh!  I tried to talk Faber into buying a
MacBook, which he seemed to already have on his mind.  We talked about how
customers are dumb and how we are totally awesome.

Just think, next time you, too, might show and be awesome, too.

As the night went on, I lost control and started talking about Sub::Exporter
again and Faber decided to bail.  Don't worry, after YAPC I'll be sure to be
obsessed with something else annoying... maybe URI::Overcanonicalize will be
done by then.

Finally, Ted, as requested:  Mail::DeliveryStatus::BounceParser.