[ABE.pm] see youse in two weeks

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 17:24:40 PDT 2006

Happy Birthday!  Maybe we could ad a module Acme::Email::HappyBirthday
to aid in singing in unison :)

I will be at the next meeting, and I would not mind a technical meeting either.

I do plan on starting some work on PEP - time is always an issue
though for me - I have another contract position this weekend, in
Binghamton... Ugh...

Is anyone going to the Pittsburgh Perl Workshop in September?

Ted

On 7/20/06, Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:
> On 7/20/06, Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org> wrote:
> > Ladies! Gentlemen!
>
> Hope you don't mind me reading this as well.
>
> > I will see you on August 2nd.  I don't know where.  Maybe McGrady's again?
> > Whatever!
>

> As long as there is beer!
>
> > Tom will probably be waffling about whether to attend; he has a new son!
> That
> > is awesome!  We should encouage him to come by paying for his beer.  Perl
> > Mongers: free as in free beer.  Just for Tom.
>

> But he has to supply the cigars! (Tom: Go with the Arture Fuentes "It's A
> Boy" cigars;  they're short fillers, but good and cheal nevertheless.)
>
> > Today is my birthday,
>
> Hmmm, how do we coordinate singing "Happy Birthday" through email (and not
> violate copyright at the same time)?
>
> > and I got a few new games and books that have threatened
> > to distract me from Perl hacking -- but fortunately one of them is
> > Programming in the UNIX Environment, which I'm told is one of the bestest
> tech
> > books around.
>

> It is.  But I thought that was the first or second book everyone bought
> after they first installed Linux. :-?
>
> > I'm hoping that I can get distracted by it and become smarted.
>

> More than you'll ever want to know.  My fave sections were the differences
> between the execs, forks and the section on hard/symlinks.
>
> > It's about a thousand pages, though.  Yow!
>

> Try reading all of Knuth sometime!
>
> > Is anyone interested in having a technical meeting any time in the near
> future?
> > I'm cool with just hanging out and talking a little shop, but technical
> > meetings can be fun, too.
>

> Always!  But where?  We need some kind of presentation area, no? We can do
> beers afterwards.
>

> > Ok, back to my vermouth, and then an early bed: early bus tomorrow!
>

> Back to my wine and then to pack: I'm headed to H.O.P.E.
> (http://www.hopenumbersix.net/) tomorrow! :-)
>
> --
>
> Faber

"You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it's going to rise tomorrow. "
  -- Robert M Pirsig