[ABE.pm] Perl Mongers Unite! Dinner on Wednesday?

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Thu Jul 6 15:44:49 PDT 2006

* Ted Fiedler <fiedlert at gmail.com> [2006-07-06T08:45:14]
> I remember you saying someting about the Perl Email Project and that
> you have taken over or are taking over as lead developer - or I may be

Gosh, had I mentioned that apart from last night over beer?  Weird!  Well, it's
true!

You can read more (but not a whole lot more, yet) about PEP here:

  http://pep.pobox.com/

> Mail::DeliveryStatus::BounceParser and I saw its usefulness - and have
> yet to utitlize... Id like to help out in any way possible - even if
> its only testing or documentation. Let me know whe or if you need any
> help.

PEP can always use help!  Here are some ways:

  2. help write more tests for any of the modules in the PEP svn repository
  3. flood the list with good ideas
  4. report any bug you uncover; including tests is great

Right now my big push is for Step Two.  I'm writing a lot of tests, which is
helping to uncover some minor problems here and there.  I'm focusing on
Email::Send, right now, but almost everything could use some TLC.

The bounceparser is a big untested mess.  It works well enough that we've used
it in production for years, but it has issues, too.  Part of making it more
testable is going to require establishing a corpus of bounces to use as tests
-- and non-bounces, for that matter.  I'd love a pile of unique or interesting
bounce messages that can be used as tests.

  http://rjbs.manxome.org/rubric/entry/1300