[ABE.pm] Perl Mongers Unite! Dinner on Wednesday?

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:22:11 PDT 2006

:) I need to remove a lot ( possibly thousdands ) of unused email
accounts from a mail server. There are a few issues/points.

1) I dont want to delete any active accounts
2) a lot of people just have .forward files - they never actually log in
3) forcing a mass passowrd change will not flush out people using .forward files
4) we dont care if alumni are using old email accounts - I just need
to find the unused ones...

Ricardo said that by analyzing the bounced messages I could find a
large number of unused accounts. I have not yet done any testing
because Ive been pulled into some projects that my company has deemed
more important.

Ted

On 7/6/06, Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Ted Fiedler <fiedlert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, after you told me about
> > Mail::DeliveryStatus::BounceParser and I saw its
> usefulness
>

> Well?  Are you going to leave the rest of us hanging?

"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits
of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does
at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower."
  -- Robert M Pirsig