[ABE.pm] Net::SCP

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Tue Jan 17 15:10:37 PST 2006

* Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> [2006-01-17T16:58:06]
> Does anyone in here use Net::SCP?  I'm using the OO interface because
> the subroutine interfaces are deprecated.
>
> My problem is I can't see how to set the port to something other than 22
> using the OO interface.  Am I expected to modify Net::SCP?

I don't use Net::SCP, but a quick look at the source makes it seem highly
likely that you can specify port as part of the host name.  If you want port
4004, you can set host to "secret-military-base.gov.su:4004"

Net::SCP just uses the scp command, or Net::SSH's sshopen3 routine, which does
the same (roughly).