[ABE.pm] LPI Level III exams to be available soon

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Mon Aug 28 17:45:40 PDT 2006

[If someone would cross-post this to the Cherry Hill LUG and others,
I'd appreciate it.]

The Linux Professional Insititute (LPI) is coming out with two of there
Level III exams in the next month.  Unlike the first two levels which
test general knowledge, the Level III exams test specific areas of
knowledge, specifically (LDAP and authentication) and (SAMBA with file
and print services).

Since these are the first releases of these exams, the LPI is looking
for people to take the tests and comment on them.  Each test is three
hours long.  If we can get enough people to take the tests, I'll rent a
room and provide food (soda and pizza). Also, people participating in
these tests will be eligible to take the Level II paper exams at
half-price.

The tests will be given FOR FREE.  All you have to do is study for them;
the objectives are on the web site (and when I find them, I'll post them
here).  I'll be getting a list of books that can be used for study
material in a week. Please do not take the tests if you aren't going to
study for them and make a determined effort to pass them.

Note that even if you pass the Level III tests, you will NOT receive
your Level III certification until you pass the Level I and II exams.
In other words, you can take the Level III exams before taking the
Levell I and II exams but no Level III ceritification will be given
until all previous certifications have been achieved.

The target date for the exam is late November at the latest.

Are we interested in doing this?

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.