[ABE.pm] I'm a Mac user!

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Fri Aug 18 08:39:30 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 10:49:35PM -0400, Faber J. Fedor wrote:
> graphviz doesn't do much for me (could never get decent printed (dead
> tree or PDF) output from it) but compiling all that other stuff from
> source sounds would be a PITA.

I'm not sure if you can do PDF directly, but it's easy to get it to
produce postscript or image files.  For example, if you've got the
layout for a directed graph in foo.dot, you can create foo.ps with the
command

  % dot -Tps foo.dot -o foo.ps

That's what I usually do, because then it's easy to insert it into a
LaTeX document.  If you wanted to create a JPEG, you'd just change
the options to

  % dot -Tjpg foo.dot -o foo.jpg

Walt