[ABE.pm] I'm a Mac user!

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Thu Aug 17 19:49:35 PDT 2006

On 17/08/06 22:40 -0400, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> I've also got a bunch of packages I've installed for various class
> projects,

Which is why I needed a new laptop.  My old Dell Inspiron is maxed out
at 256M and I needed to run VMware and some other cool stuff during a recent
class and couldn't. :-(

> such as ImageMagick, MPlayer, gnuplot, graphviz, gsl,
> ghostscript, and tetex.  You install enough of these sorts of things,
> it's nice to have a package manager to, er, manage them.  Also, using
> Debian for a while gives the the feeling that you should never have to
> compile anything from source. :)

graphviz doesn't do much for me (could never get decent printed (dead
tree or PDF) output from it) but compiling all that other stuff from
source sounds would be a PITA.

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.