[ABE.pm] I'm a Mac user!

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Thu Aug 17 19:11:25 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 09:43:56PM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> Some people like Fink or DarwinPorts, which are apt-like.  I use neither.

Wow, you don't use either?  There were a bunch of missing utilities I
just couldn't do without, like subversion, GNU's ls, and an emacs that
runs in an X window.  What do you do about things like that?  Do you
install things from source?

Faber, since you sound like you're familiar with Debian, you'll
probably feel more at home with fink than DarwinPorts.  In practice I
find I need to use both, since neither has all the utilities I want at
the versions I want to use.

Walt