[ABE.pm] YAPC bid submitted

R. Geoffrey Avery rGeoffrey at PlatypiVentures.com
Wed Aug 2 06:15:19 PDT 2006

It is done.  Actually it is done twice.  I submitted the bid in Kwiki
format and as the HTML that is generated when our Kwiki data is displayed.

I asked for an idea of how much sponsorship they have been getting
lately.  Buffalo reports $2000 cash and $3000 at the auction and we
believe Chicago brought in even more.  Not counting av equipment and
custodial/security services that I did not get quotes on yet we break
even at about 350 attendees with no sponsorship.  So we are in good
shape if we can get about $5000 to cover everything else.

Houston reports their bid is in.  No word yet on the remainder of the field.

The winner is to be announced by September 1, the same day
YAPC::Europe ends in Birmingham and they announce where YAPC::Europe
will be next year.  I will be there so we might want to consider
putting together a Lightning Talk size presentation to invite them
here next year.

- Geoff