[ABE.pm] [mjd@plover.com: Final announcement for book signing]

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:32:01 PDT 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 03:32 pm, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> Here's the announcement of a book signing and reading in Philly by Mark-
> Jason Dominus.  He'll be signing his book, Higher-Order Perl.
> Higher-Order Perl is a fantastic book, and if you do much Perl
> programming, it's a must-have.  I wrote a review of it for our wiki some
> time ago:

I won't make it, but I'm curious about how a book signing works.  I suppose
the author signs books just bought (or about to be bought) from that
bookstore.  Do they typically charge more for the autographed version, either
by an extra fee, or perhaps selling the book at full cover price versus the
bookstore's (maybe) more normal discounted price?  (Or maybe discount book
stores don't host book signings?

thanks,
Randy Kramer