[ABE.pm] Re: May 10: the Jeff and Geoff show

Jeff Horwitz jeff at smashing.org
Tue May 4 08:58:39 CDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I'll leave it to Jeff to introduce his talk, but mine will be "Writing Tests

i will be giving two thirds of my talk for YAPC (due to time constraints).
i've included the description below.  see you all there!

-jeff

extproc_perl 2.0: Oracle Stored Procedures in Perl

extproc_perl enables you to write Oracle stored procedures in Perl,
providing another database programming language beyond PL/SQL and Java.
Some of its supported features include cross-procedure interpreter
persistence, callbacks into the database using DBI, automatic conversion
between Oracle and Perl datatypes, and of course, the entire CPAN library
of Perl modules. This session covers the new 2.0 version of extproc_perl
from soup to nuts: a general overview, installation, configuration, usage,
callbacks using DBI, troubleshooting, and plenty of useful examples that
you can try on your own databases.