[ABE.pm] web page testing

Phil Lawrence phil at five-lawrences.com
Tue Jul 27 09:11:44 CDT 2004

I wrote a little script to test a web app I'm taking over from a
co-worker...

It logs on, navigates the pages until it arrives at the first page of my
  application.  Very cool.  Thanks to Andy Lester for WWW::Mechanize!

However, I wonder about the best organization of my tests.  There are at
least three web forms, each with modify, delete, etc. functionality.

Already, with just the sign on and intro navigation, the script seems...
  disorderly.  Well, at least not packaged very tightly.  (I'll send it
to anyone who wants to comment.)

So, what's a good way to organize the tests?  One test script per page?
  One per page functionality?  What about the fact that I can't test
things in isolation?  I have to log on before I can test anything, and a
lot of functionality is context driven, i.e. what I did on the page before.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Phil