[ABE.pm] perl scheduler module?

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Dec 22 20:35:11 CST 2004

Anyone know of a Perl-based scheduler?

Yes, I've heard of cron. :-)  What I need is a cross between cron and a
coordinator, e.g. Program A wakes up a 9 PM looking for a vendor file
that (supposedly) arrived by 8:30 PM. Program A will sit and wait for up
to eight hours waiting for that file. Program B launches at 9:15 PM but
can't run until the successful completion of Program A and Program B may
need to sit there for up to eight hours waiting on Program A.

You don't wanna know how Programs C, D, and E have to interact!

Each program has to be standalone, e.g. I can't compine them into one
large program, and I don't like the idea of a super-script running these
scripts via system().

Any suggestions?

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey