[ABE.pm] Re: Got any good data structures handy?

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Fri Dec 10 23:27:26 CST 2004

On 10/12/04 23:17 -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> > Then there's the matter of storing the data structure to disk.  Should I
> > put it into a MySQL DB?  An XML file?
>
> MySQL has administrative overhead.

True, but I'm already administering a MySQL DB for these guys (although
Postgresql would be much better/cooler even if we if we don't need the
transactions or ACID).

> XML is a pain, in my experience.

That's been my experience as well, but I've seen some amazing things
done with it.  IME, XML is good for data transfers, but I've seen
programs (like Japple) change their behavior based on the XML; that
looks RFC but I don't get what it is they're doing.

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey